TRAFFIC POLICE HEADQUARTERS, J&K, JAMMU/SRINAGAR
- 1. HMVs Operators/Owners are requested to desist from overloading. It is further requested that vehicle owners must double check the fitness of their vehicles before undertaking journey on Jammu-Srinagar NHW.
- 2. HMVs with only 06 and 10 tyres shall be allowed to ply through Dhar road.
TRAFFIC PLAN & ADVISORY FOR 13-07-2023:-
- Subject to fair weather and better road conditions SANJY Convoy /LMVs Passenger/Private Cars shall be allowed from both sides on Jammu-Srinagar NHW (NH-44) viz Jammu towards Srinagar and vice-versa.
SHRI AMAR NATH JI YATRA 2023
- Yatris/Tourists may refer to Revised Advisory No. 03 dated 03-07-2023
CUT OFF TIMINGS FOR LMVs/PASSENGER/PRIVATE CARs (other than Yatris/Tourists): –
- To be released from Nagrota (Jammu) from 0600 hrs. to 1200 hrs.
- from Jakheni (Udhampur) 0700 hrs to 1300 hrs &
- from Qazigund 1130 hrs to 1400 hrs.
- TCU Jammu and TCU Srinagar will inform all concerned about the traffic advisory and cut off timings. No vehicle shall be allowed to move before and after cut off timings.
- Subject to fair weather and better road conditions, HMVs shall be allowed from NAVYUG Tunnel (Qazigund side) towards Jammu after assessing the road and traffic situation on NH-44 and no HMV will be allowed after 1900 hrs. TCU Srinagar shall liaise with TCU Ramban before releasing the HMVs.
- Moreover, in view of forth coming Shri Amarnath Ji yatra 2023 and hassle free movement of trucks on NH-44 administration has decided all tankers of Pol, Diesel, LPG bulk gas, all empty LPG Cylinders carrying trucks; all empty vehicles of FCI; any other vehicle having upto 10-tyres shall adopt Mughal Road.
SFs Convoy Movement:-
- Security Forces are advised/requested not to ply against advisory/traffic plan in view of possible traffic congestion because of narrow carriage way between Nashree and Banihal on Jammu-Srinagar NHW and ongoing SANJY 2023. Tomorrow they may ply from Srinagar towards Jammu after confirming the status of NHW from TCU Ramban. They shall leave Srinagar at 0800 hrs .
- Subject to fair weather and good road condition, vehicular movement on Srinagar-Sonamarg-Gumari road shall be allowed from both sides viz Srinagar towards Kargil and vice-versa. LMVs followed by HMVs shall be allowed from Minamarg towards Srinagar at 0730 hrs. to 1100 hrs. Similarly, LMVs followed by HMVs shall be allowed from Sonamarg towards Kargil at 1300 hrs to 1700 hrs. No vehicle shall be allowed after cut off timings.
- SFs Convoy, plying from Srinagar to Kargil, shall leave Srinagar at 0800 hrs. SFs Convoy plying from Drass to Srinagar shall plan their movement in such a manner so that Yatra convoys (both UP and DOWN) don’t get disturbed.
- Subject to fair weather and good road condition, vehicular movement on Mughal road shall be allowed from both sides viz. Poonch towards Shopian and vice versa. These vehicles shall be allowed from Behramgalla (Buffliaz) and Herpora (Shopian) at 0600 hrs. upto 1800 hrs. No vehicle shall be allowed after cut of timings
People are advised to undertake journey on NH-44 only after confirming status of the road from Traffic control units as under:-
• Jammu (0191-2459048, 0191- 2740550, 9419147732, 103)
• Srinagar (0194-2450022, 2485396, 18001807091, 103)
• Ramban (9419993745)
• Udhampur (8491928625)
• PCR Kishtwar (9906154100) for status of Sinthan Road.